WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files that are received in the terminal from the visited website and are used to record certain navigation interactions on a website storing data that can be updated and retrieved. These files are stored on the user’s computer and contain anonymous data that is not harmful to your computer. They are used to remember user preferences, such as the selected language, access data or personalization of the page.
Cookies can also be used to record anonymous information about how a visitor uses a site. For example, from which website you have accessed, or if you have used an advertising “banner” to arrive.
Our sites may also have social media links (such as Facebook or Twitter). OLIVER Y BATLLE, S.A.U. does not control the cookies used by these external websites. For more information about cookies from social networks or other third-party websites, we recommend reviewing your own cookie policies.
This website uses “cookies” as follows:
- Google ANALYTICS cookie: Google ANALYTICS is a free service offered by Google Inc. and that collects information about the pages of the web consulted, at what time, what Web browser, etc. Subsequently, this information is sent to Google Inc. servers in the United States.
- “Add-this” application cookies: Add-this is a free service that allows you to share pages of this website by different means (email, social networks, etc.). Add-his collects statistical information from your navigation to provide advertising tailored to your browsing habits on this website or anywhere else.
WHAT USE DO WE GIVE TO THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES?
According to its purpose:
- Technical cookies: Technical cookies are those essential and strictly necessary for the proper functioning of a web portal and the use of the different options and services offered. For example, those that serve for session maintenance, response time management, performance or validation of options, use security features, share content with social networks, etc.
- Personalization cookies: These cookies allow the user to specify or customize some characteristics of the general options of the website, for example, to define the language, regional configuration or type of browser.
- Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies are those used by our web portal, to develop navigation profiles and to know the preferences of its users in order to improve the offer of products and services. For example, by means of an analytical cookie, the geographic areas of greatest interest of a user, which is the most accepted product, etc., would be controlled.
- Advertising / advertising cookies: Advertising cookies allow the management of advertising spaces based on specific criteria. For example, access frequency, edited content, etc. Advertising cookies allow through the management of advertising to store behavioral information through the observation of habits, studying access and forming a profile of user preferences, to offer advertising related to the interests of your profile.
According to term:
- Session cookies: Session cookies are those that last as long as the user is browsing the website and are deleted at the end.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored in the user’s terminal, for a longer time, thus facilitating the control of the preferences chosen without having to repeat certain parameters each time the website is visited.
WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO HAVE THESE COOKIES OR DO NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT?
To comply with current legislation, we have to ask for your permission to manage cookies. If you decide not to authorize the treatment indicating the nonconformity, we would only use the technical cookies, since they are essential for browsing our website. In this case, no cookie is stored. If you continue browsing our website without denying your authorization, it implies that you accept its use.
If you still decide to modify the configuration of your access to the website, you should know that it is possible to delete cookies or prevent this information from being registered on your computer at any time by modifying the configuration parameters of your browser:
These browsers are subject to changes or modifications, so we cannot guarantee that they fully conform to the version of your browser. You might also use another browser not included in these links such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To avoid these mismatches, you can access directly from the options of your browser that is usually found in the Options menu, in the “Privacy” section. (Please see your browser’s help for more information.)
WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?
You can find more information about cookies at:
www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu